Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Podcast Script



These are all things I have to ponder from time to time, being that I have made my way in the world by capitalizing on my ability to find the newest tools, opportunities and outlets to sell to customers as the next viable way for them to reach the maximum number of potential or even existing customers possible.

            Historically, selling online has been the way I've built my reputation and portfolio of successful websites, campaigns and online storefronts, but, until recently, social media wasn't really a part of that, it was a combination of traditional marketing and advertising techniques designed to hopefully drive people to their computers and punch in our address.

            So, the advent of social media wasn't initially supposed to be this tool that it has become in the last few years. For instance in 2008 when I started a Twitter account for a business I was working with, almost as an experiment, it took me a good week or convincing to get the owner to come around and see that what I was doing had the potential to reach a mass audience instantly and drive traffic to the website to eventually be converted into sales. Now, that isnt how I pushed it, but these small little tools that 6 years ago were neat little niche tools that could help us simply promote and maybe drive traffic are now the portals and promotional juggernauts that let companies build, thrive and maintain transparent relationships with their audience, as vast or as small as that group may be.

            I think moving forward, things like Facebook and Twitter, the two most effective in my experience, will maintain their dominance, they are at a critical mass all the time, way too big to fail, but now, big enough to capture the ideas and talent needed to maintain the kind of growth and longevity of a dominant business model that 10 years ago was nothing more than longshot at best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment